Innovators Snap (i Snap)
Share snapshots of your innovation power themed with Connect, Challenge, Inspire and Recharge
The Four Innovation Themes
Connect - unlock the power of meaningful collaborations and co-creation
Challenge - rise to the challenge with ground-breaking innovations
Inspire - provoke thoughts and build knowledge
Recharge - stay energised as a powerful innovator for continued success
Start your i Snap journey with the spark of inspirations from other innovators
How to Join
- All SPARK members are eligible to join i Snap.
- Snap your innovation moment with the innovation themes.
- Click HERE to upload your snapshots. Each submission should be a minimum of 1 photo and a maximum of 4 photos, each representing the four innovation themes – Connect, Challenge, Inspire, or Recharge. A short description (English: max. 100 characters; Chinese: max. 20 characters) should be provided along with each photo.
- The contents, title and description of each photo should meet the requirement of “Submission Guidelines” as stated below.
Early Bird Offer
- A hot drink voucher will be granted for the first 500 SPARK members submitting your photo, redeemable at designated dining outlets at Hong Kong Science Park.
- Eligible early-bird SPARK members will receive an email with full redemption details.
- Hot drink voucher validity: until 30 June 2021, subject to terms and condition on the voucher.
- Hot drink vouchers are served on a first-come-first-served basis, while stocks last.
* Photos submitted should meet the requirement of “Submission Guidelines” as stated below.
**All SPARK members are allowed to send multiple submission yet the early bird offer will only be granted to each member once.
- Photo editing is allowed.
- Landscape, portrait, and square photos are acceptable.
- Only JPG or PNG file will be accepted.
- Photo size must be within 1MB to 5MB.
- Minimum photo resolution: 1600 x 1200 px (300 dpi).
- Your Photo must be in digital format. Your Photo can be taken with a digital camera, mobile phone or tablet device.
- Your Photo, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by you.
- You must be the sole copyright owner of Your Photo. Consent on the right of using Your Photo must be obtained from any third parties appearing in the photo before submission.
- By submitting Your Photo to i Snap, you represent, acknowledge, and warrant that Your Photo is an original work created solely by the entrant, that Your Photo does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, that Your Photo does not breach the contract with any third party and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photo, nor does Your Photo violate any applicable local, national or foreign law, or confidentiality obligations of others.
- If Your Photo contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which is subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photo, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of Your Photo, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of Your Photo.
- Upon HKSTP’s request, you must procure all persons who appear in Your Photo to sign a release consenting the submission of Your Photo.
- You acknowledge and agree that HKSTP may use and edit Your Photo, without any cost or fee to you whatsoever, for any purpose in relation to i Snap including but not limited posting Your Photo at HKSTP SPARK Facebook Group, publicity, advertising or other purposes in any media.
Representations and Warranties
By submitting Your Photo to i Snap, you represent, warrant and undertake as follows :
- All information provided herein in relation to i Snap is complete, accurate and truthful;
- No person or entity other than yourself has any right, title or interest in any part of Your Photo;
- No other party is entitled to claim royalties from the use of Your Photo;
- Your Photo does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party, including without limitation Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below), and does not constitute defamation, and any violation of any privacy, publicity, misappropriation, confidentiality or any contractual or other rights. “Intellectual Property Rights” means all current and future worldwide rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark or moral rights laws and other similar rights;
- Your Photo is an original work of yours and you have all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit Your Photo and to grant all of the rights that you have granted herein;
- Your Photo does not contain content that is prohibited under these Terms including, but not limited to, any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, profane, sexually explicit, obscene, racially or ethnically offensive or otherwise objectionable;
- you will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any entry or content that contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware; and to duly observe and comply with all applicable laws and regulations during your participation in i Snap.
You agree that you will indemnify and hold HKSTP harmless on demand from and against all claims, actions liabilities, costs, expenses, loss or damage (including but not limited to consequential losses, loss of profit and loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) incurred by HKSTP arising from or relating to (directly or indirectly) any of your default under the Terms.
Use of Personal Information
- The term “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as defined in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Hong Kong laws.
Limitations of liability and release
HKSTP, its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be released and held harmless by you for any claims, liabilities, or causes of action of any kind or nature for any injury, loss or damages of any kind including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages to persons, including without limitation disability or death. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, everything in connection with i Snap is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties and merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- HKSTP reserves the right to cancel or make changes to i Snap and HKSTP shall have the absolute discretion to review, approve and/or accept any of Your Photo without any obligation to provide any reasons for any of its decisions. In the event that i Snap is cancelled and/or changed for whatever reason, HKSTP will not incur any liability towards you arising from such cancellation.
- HKSTP reserves the right to refuse anyone’s participation in i Snap and to request any party to cease participating in i Snap if in the sole discretion of HKSTP, such party (i) fails to comply with any of the Terms; or (ii) is found to have behaved in an illegal or anti-social manner; or (iii) is found to have violated any of these Terms. The decision of HKSTP in this regard shall be binding and conclusive.
- If any provision contained in the Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
- The Terms may be subject to change from time to time. Please visit the website for the latest version of the Terms
- You grant HKSTP an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to Your Photo in any manner, for any purpose HKSTP may see fit, in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented, waive any moral rights or similar rights they may have in the works or any part thereof throughout the world; and undertake not to object to any use of the works by HKSTP.
- The Terms shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
- The parties hereto do not intend any of the Terms to be enforceable pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap. 623 of the laws of Hong Kong).